It’s school holiday time here, which means my life got a little more hectic, and it’s a battle for who gets a turn on the laptop. It’s the first chance I’ve had to sit down to let you know all about the beautiful new Annual Catalogue now available and ready for online ordering. And it’s sooo pretty! I love the new style and layout. They’ve gone for a very quirky hipster look this year, full of wonderful ideas and products, and I thought I’d take a moment to draw your attention to a few of the things I love about it.
- No huge Gardner Family photo! Shelli Gardner, one of the founders of Stampin’ Up!, always shares a personal message inside the front cover of the Annual Catalogue, and it’s usually accompanied by a photo of the huge Gardner clan. They’re a very photogenic family, but the portrait with them all in it usually looks a little staged – Shelli has admitted that there’s usually a bit of photo shopping involved, as it’s nearly impossible to get all the children looking at the camera at the same time! This year, there’s a very personal looking layout in a This ‘n’ That book, with small individual photos – I think it looks awesome. And it’s lovely to hear some insights about her 25 year journey with Stampin’ Up!
- Birthday Basics Birthday Stamps are at the front! Lets face it – it’s usually Birthday Cards that we make the most of, and all the stamps are right there at the beginning of the catalogue. (Also, don’t stress that you can’t find any Christmas themed stamps and supplies – these will all be in the Holiday Catalogue, which will launch at the end of August!)
- Bundles of Fun – One of the best things about Stampin’ Up! is that they love to coordinate! There’s quite a few 15% off bundles scattered through the catty, but here’s a heads up so you can find all the discounts! They’re available in both Clear Stamp and Wood Mount, so check the actual catalogue page for the product codes.
- Page 12: Chalk Talk Bundle – Chalk Talk Stamp Set and coordinating Framelits Dies
- Page 32: Label Love Bundle – Label Love Stamp Set and coordinating Artisan Label Punch
- Page 79: Backyard Basics Bundle – Backyard Basics Stamp Set and coordinating Framelits Dies
- Page 95: Flower Shop Bundle – Flower Shop Stamp Set and coordinating Pansy Punch
- Page 123: Mosaic Madness Bundle – Mosaic Madness Stamp Set and coordinating Mosaic Punch
- Page 125: Six-Sided Sampler Bundle – Six Sided Sampler Stamp Set and coordinating Hexagon Punch
- Page 158: Tag a Bag Bundle – Gift Bags and coordinating tags, mini pegs, bakers twine and dimensionals
- Gift Giving – not only are there lots of examples of home wares and special gifts you can make scattered through the catty, there’s also a special section that begins on page 158, with boxes and ready made tags.
- Statement of the Heart Stampin’ Up!’s ongoing commitment to Ronald McDonald House will now take effect in Australia and New Zealand too! For every purchase of the Tag It Stamp Set on page 45, they’ll donate $3.00 to their favourite charity – it’s such a cute stamp set too. I’d love to find out more about their support of Ronald McDonald House in Australia, and will keep you posted.
- Cute New Products
- Simply Pressed Clay and Moulds – page 167. Make your own button and flower embellishments to coordinate with every project – the white moulding clay can be coloured by kneading a few drops of ink into it, or colouring with markers after it dries.
- Washi Tape! – I love washi tape, and find it to be a very versatile crafting tool and now Stampin’ Up! sells it too! At the moment there are only two different coordinating sets of three, but I’m sure there will be more available soon.
- FIFTEEN new colours – yup, that’s right FIFTEEN. There’s five new in-colours – Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry Slush (they look as yummy as they sound!) that will stick around for two years. You can purchase a new 2013-2015 in-colour assortment pack 131293 for $47.95 that includes 20 sheets of cardstock (4 sheets of each colour) and the five new ink pads. There’s also 10 new colours – some are old in colours that have returned, and some are brand new. It’s all part of Stampin’ Up!s pledge to keep their collections fresh and up to date. If you can’t wait, and would like to buy the ten new colours all at once, there’s a bundle – 10 ink pads and 20 sheets of cardstock (2 of each colour) available on page 139. Please note, there’s a typo there – it’s not $47.95 as listed (what a bargain that would be!) but $93.95. Still an awesome price, when you consider one ink pad is usually $9.95 – that means you’re virtually getting all the cardstock and one ink pad almost free!
- Candy Dots – want a brad, but not the bulk? Use a candy dot! These are available in all the Stampin’ Up! colours, and look just like brads, but are adhesive backed. Changed your mind and want it to be a brad after all? Just stick it on a Candy Dot Brad Base (page 171) and make a silver framed coloured brad. Awesome versatility!
- Ribbons and Papers and Buttons Oh My! – the designer series papers starting on page 150 are just beautiful this year! I can’t wait to get my hands on them and start creating. See the amazing button collection on page 168 and the ‘to tie for’ ribbons, twine, trim and thread on page 172.
If you’re not local to the Summer Hill area, and would like a catalogue, please email me – I can post one to you directly for $9.95. You can view the catalogue online by clicking the picture on the right hand side of my blog. Can’t wait to get ordering? Visit my online store by clicking on the shopping button up the top.
Thanks for popping by – hopefully I’ll have a chance this week to upload some washi tape cards!