Not sure if this will have reached the person I sent it to yet, but I just can’t wait any longer. I’ve been playing nursemaid to the Claire Bear this week, who has been at home from school with a nasty cold, so I’ve been watching more than my fair share of ABC kids, instead of posting on my little blog.
I made this card on the Inklings Retreat as a colour challenge set by Jayne Mercer. The challenge colours were taken from one of the new Designer Series Paper packs called Cheerful Treat, only available by spending your Hostess Dollars when you submit a Workshop Order. There’s none of that particular paper on this card, but don’t these colours look ‘zingy’ together! This is definitely a ‘look at me’ card!
- Stamp Sets: Creative Elements, Elizabeth (both available 1st September)
- Inks: Whisper White Craft Ink, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Bashful Blue
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Concord Crush
- DSP: Subtles Collection Paper Stack in Bashful Blue
- Big Shot: Ovals Die, Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder
- Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint (mixed with rubbing alcohol), Clear Embossing Powder, Blender Pen
All the stamps used are from the new (and already one of my favourites) Creative Elements set, except for the frame around the word ‘create’. That’s one of the new A la Carte stamp sets (single stamps) called Elizabeth, and I can see that I’ll be ordering it – it creates such a beautiful frame for a special sentiment!
Today is the very last day of the 2010-2011 Catalogue, so you’ve got until the end of business today to email me any last minute orders from the retiring list!
Thanks for taking a peek today.