Yesterday I held my UNconventional Sunday. The five of us had a lovely time, doing our own thing, and some gorgeous cards were made. Did I think to take photos of any of them while everyone was there? Nope, only thought of it this morning. D’oh!
I can share with you one card that I made, which was inspired by the current CASE Study challenge. Here’s a look at Sarah Martina Parker’s beautiful card.
I loved the colour combo on this card, but decided to follow the layout instead. I loved the pearls, lace and ribbon, and the cameo that Sarah has used. And as mine is a wedding card, I’ve pulled out all the stops – I think I may have to make a box to send it in, as it’s sure not going to fit in an ordinary envelope – the post office will love me!
- Stamp Sets: Bliss (SAB Set), Musical Notes Wheel, Tiny Tags
- Ink: Riding Hood Red, StazOn Black
- CS: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
- DSP: Love Letter
- Big Shot: Lots of Tags Sizzlit, Floral Fusion Sizzlit
- Accessories: Basic Pearls, Silver Brad, Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Mini Vintage Tags, Victoria Crochet Trim, Black Satin Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Frost White Shimmer Paint (mixed with rubbing alcohol to make Shimmer Spray)
- Non SU!: Fimo, heart shaped biscuit cutter, bamboo skewer
I’ve shown you my Fimo creations before. The rose is easily made using the Floral Fusion Sizzlit – cut out two of each size, then spray them with the Shimmer Spray and let them dry slightly. Then scrunch them up good and tight, then unscrunch and layer, biggest to smallest on your Mat Pack foam pad. Stab them with your Paper Piercing Tool, and then insert a brad through the hole and arrange your petals until you’re happy with them. Stick on a Basic Pearl to hide your brad, and you’re done.
It may not look like Riding Hood Red ink on the Bliss framed sentiment, but that’s because I stamped off my ink twice before stamping in the background – I didn’t want the red competing with the black too much.
I hope the happy couple enjoy this card – I better make sure I remember to post it!
Thanks for taking a peek today.