Over at the Case Study Challenge Blog they’ve got a double challenge this week. Not only are you able to CASE this particulary pretty card by their current muse, Eva Dobilas, but they’ve joined forces this week with The Play Date Cafe for a ‘combined grind’ challenge to also use red, black and green.
How could I pass up a challenge like that? Of course I couldn’t! I also needed to make a fabulous card for my sister’s birthday, and wasn’t feeling particularly inspired. And so, instead of vacuuming and mopping the floors this morning, I came up with this.
- Stamp Sets: Vintage Vogue, Party This Way
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Frost White Shimmer Paint
- CS: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Garden Green
- DSP: In-Colours DSP Stack in Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz
- Big Shot: Beautiful Wings Embosslit
- Accessories: Owl Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Black Satin Ribbon, Brights Buttons, Circle Ice Brad in Green
The oval and leaves were cut freehand (not the best oval I admit – I really need to buy the oval die for my Big Shot!) The rose was created using the owl punch and scallop circle punch. I’ve mentioned the rose on a previous post – the fabulous Valita came up with the design. I have to admit, I can’t stop making them!
The butterflies were sprayed with a mixture of the Frost White Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol – they give them a beautiful shimmer that is a bit hard to capture with the camera.
My craft and rubber scissors made short work of snipping the prongs off that green circle brad so I could glue it onto the button to give my bow a bit of bling.
Thanks for taking a peek today!