I was meant to be making cards for a Christmas market stall this evening. I’d been watercolouring the kangaroo and koala from the Happy Christmas Mate stamp set, and I was looking at the little koala, thinking how babyish and cute he looked. Then I started remembering both my little girls when they were tiny, all curled up like baby koalas, swaddled in their muslins. And then I thought – there’s a card in that!
Here’s one of the cards I created tonight – a Baby’s First Christmas card for a little boy.
- Stamp Sets: Happy Christmas Mate, Tiny Tags
- Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Poppy Parade, StazOn Black
- CS: Whisper White, Baja Breeze
- DSP: In Colours Designer Series Paper Stack in Poppy Parade
- Big Shot: Circles No.2 Die
- Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Neutrals Button, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, Tombow Adhesive
Isn’t he cute? Who knows if I’ll get any takers for this card at the Christmas stall, but inspiration struck, and I just went with it! I was working on a little girl koala card too, using Blushing Bride instead of Baja Breeze, but squeezed my watercolouring brush a little too hard at the wrong moment – she’s got a big blot of Poppy Parade right on one ear! Looks like she’s been in an unfortunate accident, which is not the look I was going for!
Good night to all those little koalas out there, and their Mummies and Daddies, dreaming of their first Christmas. Sweet dreams.
(almost) Christmas Cheers,