Just a quick post today to share a card that I made for my nephew’s 2nd birthday. He really likes Chuggington at the moment, so when I was at the Inklings craft retreat and saw the Choo Choo stamp set and the On the Right Track wheel in the stamp library, I knew exactly what I was going to use to make his birthday card!
I’ve used the Family Fun colour coordination suggestions for the colour scheme on my card. You can find them on page 5 of your catalogue.
- Stamp Sets: Choo Choo, On the Right Track Wheel
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
- CS: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Big Shot: Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Sizzlits
- Accessories: XL Star Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The sun was easy peasy to make, using two stars, a circle and dimensionals, then sponging the edges with a bit of So Saffron ink. I’ve torn a piece of Old Olive cardstock to make the hill, and I cut the clouds out freehand. The Tempting Turquoise sky was made by dragging the ink pad across a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
I think it looks pretty cute. I hope it reminds the birthday boy of ol’ Puffer Pete from Chuggington!
Just a quick reminder too, that I’ll be running my ‘Go Vintage’ class again this Sunday – same bat time, same bat station. Email me to book your spot.
Thanks for taking a peek today.