Hello lovely people. It’s a glorious Spring day here in Sydney – after the storm last night, everything looks shiny and new in the sunshine! The magnolia trees in our street have finished flowering and have been replaced by beautiful green ‘pear pizzazz’ coloured leaves, and there are blossoms everywhere on the cherry and pear trees. The lorikeets and cockatoos have been going crazy with all the gum trees coming into flower. I just love the beginning of Spring.
Last week, my Sunday Stamping class had a ‘spring’ theme using the new Stampin’ Up! in-colours – Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade and Concord Crush. I’d like to share two of the three cards we made.
- CS: Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
- Ink: Poppy Parade
- DSP: In-Colours Patterns DSP Paper Stack – Blushing Bride
- Accessories: XL Two Step Bird Punch, Whisper White 5/8″ Organza Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Those of you that are regular visitors to my blog might remember this card design. It’s one I used for a Mother’s Day Class earlier in the year. But, there’s nothing wrong with recycling your card designs, especially when they’re this cute! The tulips are made using the wing on the Two Step Bird Punch, and are easily put together with Dimensionals. The stems of the tulips use the little branch with two of the leaves trimmed off. Easy peasy, and very Spring.
- CS: Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Peach Parfait
- Ink: Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White Craft
- Stamp Sets: Printed Petals, Party this Way
- Big Shot: Lots of Tags Sizzlits
- Accessories: Soft Subtles Brads (retired), Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch
It’s very bright isn’t it! This is my attempt at ‘clean and simple’. I’m usually a big fan of layering and sponging, but I’ve tried to be very simple, bright and cheery with these two little spring flower cards.
If you’d like to come to my next class, it’s at 2pm on Saturday 25th September in my home in Summer Hill. There are only 5 places, so please let me know if you’d like to attend. Cost is $20 and includes afternoon tea – no charge for the chatting. 😀
I’ll be back later on to show you the third card we made at last weeks class, using the ‘Take a Sip‘ wheel. Very appropriate for a class that included afternoon tea.
Thanks for taking a peek.